How did I think of adding pumpkin to my regular pancake recipe? Well, I had homemade pumpkin puree resting in my fridge and I wanted to use it up before it's too late. Little did I know that the addition of pumpkin would enhance the taste of the humble pancake so much!
We served the pancake with pure maple syrup only as we are not fans of butter. For extra oomph, I added sliced bananas but you can use any fruit, in fact, the pancakes were good on their own (with the sweetness of pumpkin and brown sugar and the subtle cinnamon flavour)!
Ingredients (24 2.5" mini pancakes)
- 1 1/4 cup flour (I used 3/4 cup plain and 1/2 cup whole wheat but you can use all plain)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (I used low fat but you can use any kind.)
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons (melted) coconut oil (You can use canola oil or any light-tasting oil)
- 1 egg
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin, coconut oil, and egg.
- Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
- Spray or grease a pan and heat over medium heat: pour in 1 tablespoon of batter for each mini pancake.
- Cook pancakes about 1 minute per side. (Turn pancakes over when the bottom is golden brown.)
- Serve with choice of fruit(s) and pure maple syrup or eat them plain!
Powered by Recipage