I was really thrilled to find out that Simply At Home Mom has nominated Princess and the Rock for the Liebster Award! What is the Liebster Award? I believe some of you may ask, because I was clueless about the title too. Hence I decided to find out more instead of accepting the award blindly.
I found out that this award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers and to receive it, the nominee needs to:
- share 11 random facts about herself to receive the award,
- answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated her,
- create 11 new questions for those she intends to nominate for the award,
- nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers,
- go to the new nominees' blogs and tell them about the nomination of the award and provide a link back to her post,
- No tag backs.
I italicized the word "award" because it is not a true award, in sense that there is no panel of judges involved and no official website. However I appreciate the notion of giving recognition and support to up and coming bloggers to encourage them to continue blogging. Thank you, Simply At Home Mom!
11 random facts about me:
- I have Alektorophophia - fear of feathered animals.
- My husband thinks I had an abnormal childhood because I had a grand total of 6 toys as a child, visited the library for recreation and bought my assessment books and complete them on my own (without prompting). In a word, NERD.
- I was interested in becoming a fashion designer but ended up as a counsellor instead.
- I design jewellery now. :)
- I get a kick from cutting my hair real short when it has grown very long.
- I wished I had learnt ballet.
- I suffer from buyer's remorse quite often, especially on big ticket items.
- I hate to be "forced" to buy bottled water in restaurants.
- I need at least one coffee every day.
- My favourite part of a holiday is breakfast - a sumptuous and unhurried one.
- I have the urge to bite the Rock because he is so irresistably chubby and adorable.
11 questions Simply At Home Mom has for me:
- What is your favourite food? Yaki Onigiri from Kazu Sumiyaki
- Do you have a favourite quote? “Creativity now is as important in education as literacy, and we should treat it with the same status.” Ken Robinson
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Really difficult one, anywhere really, as long as it's couple time sort of holiday with my husband. If I really have to name one it'll be Italy... for the food!
- What do you miss most about being a child? Long sleeping hours! Haha!
- What is something you learned in the last week? Too much to pinpoint one. Everything about blogging really, there is so much to learn (especially for a somewhat techno-dino like me)!
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? The Princess' wedding because I am really curious about who God has in store for her (she has been praying for a good man like Daddy). :)
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Ironing the clothes
- What sound do you love? Babies laughter and voices.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Finish all the housework with a wave of my hand!
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Eating, I enjoy good food with great company.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Sewing, I bought a new sewing machine.
Blogs I am nominating (in no particular order and if you have more than 200 followers, my bad, I have no way of finding out how many followers in some blogs):
- Travelling in diapers
- Oh, My Darling (love the vintage feel of the blog)
- Wild shores of Singapore (see unvisited parts of Singapore here)
- A toast to Wonderland
- Kopi Kids (how about a daddy blog?)
- Teaching Our Own
- Maison Missyrisc (a huge dose of creativity here)
- Adventures of Bento Cat (Ready for some cuteness overdose?)
- Neighbourhoods (nostalgia...)
- Code Red Hat
- Her Mommyness
11 questions I have for you:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favourite food?
- Gold or silver?
- What are you coveting right now?
- What is your favourite book as a child?
- Which movie made you cry?
- What is your ideal vacation?
- If you could have a dinner party with 5 people of your choice (real or fictional), who would you choose?
- What is the best compliment someone has paid you?
- Rain or sunshine?
- What is your favourite word?
I look forward to hear from you!